The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is the conducting body of the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam. The examination is conducted for the recruitment of “Grade B” and “Grade C” category post in various government departments, ministries and offices. SSC CGL Admit Card for the Tier l exam will be issued soon to the candidates.
|Exam Name||SSC CGL|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Date (Tier 1)||2nd-11th March 2020|
|Job location||Pan India|
|Stages||Tier l, Tier ll, Tier lll, Tier lV|
|Category||SSC CGL Admit card|
SSC CGL Admit Card- Region Wise
The students are required to download the SSC CGL Admit Card 2020 from the official website of their own region. SSC has nine regional/sub-regional offices located in India for SSC Exam. The nine regions along with the State Groups of the SSC offices are given below:
|SSC Region||Name of the group|
|NR- Northern Region||NCT of Delhi, Uttarakhand and Rajasthan|
|NWR- North Western Region||Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana & Himachal Pradesh|
|CR- Central Region||UP & Bihar|
|ER- Eastern Region||Jharkhand, WB, Odisha, A&N Island and Sikkim|
|MPR- Madhya Pradesh Region||MP & Chattisgarh|
|WR- Western Region||Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa|
|NER- North Eastern Region||Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Mizoram|
|SR- Southern Region||Pondicherry, AP & TN|
|KKR- Karnataka Region||Karnataka and Kerala|
How to get access to SSC CGL Admit Card 2020?
Once SSC releases the admit card for SSC CGL exam, then the candidates are advised to download it as soon as possible to avoid the last-minute hassle. To download it from the official web portal the candidates are requested to follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Go to the official website
Step 2: Click on the Admit card tab. A list of SSC CGL regional websites will be opened.
Step 3: Select the region
Step 4: Click on e-admit card for SSC CGL
Step 5: Enter necessary details such as Application Number and Date of Birth
Step 6: Click on the “submit” button
Step 7: The SSC CGL Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
Step 8: Download SSC CGL Admit Card and take a print out. Keep it safely as it has to be used in the examination centre.
In case the candidate loses its SSC CGL Admit Card then it may download it again by following the same procedure as mentioned above. Any discrepancy in the details mentioned in the SSC CGL Admit Card has to be reported to the SSC help desk.
Details mentioned on SSC CGL Admit Card
The SSC CGL Admit Card is a provisional document, which consists of the following basic information. It is used to validate their candidature at the exam centre. It also consists of guidelines which every candidate has to adhere with. Here is the list of information mentioned in SSC CGL Admit Card.
- Candidate Name
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Reporting Time
- Scheduled Venue
- Scheduled Date and Time
- Candidate’s signature and photograph
- Important guidelines
SSC CGL Admit Card: Guidelines
It is necessary for all the candidates to read the guidelines given by the SSC CGL exam committee. The candidates are advised to read through these guidelines well before the examination to avoid any hassle on the day of the examination. Scroll down to check the guidelines given below.
- Students are suggested to download the admit card beforehand so that any discrepancy in the details furnished online can be reported to the concerned SSC CGL regional director.
- Check that the admit card gives you permission to appear for the exam in one shift only. If the candidate is found to be appearing for the exam in more than one shift then he/she will be debarred from giving the exam for 3 years.
- The candidate can give the exam from 1 allotted centre only.
- The thumb impression of the candidate will be taken on a biometric machine by the invigilator. It is used to validate their candidature.
- The candidates are advised to reach the examination 30 minutes prior to the scheduled reporting time.
- None of the appearing candidates will be allowed to leave the examination centre before the completion of the exam.
- Students are suggested to carry their admit card to the examination centre.
- The candidates without a valid photo ID proof will be debarred from appearing for the examination. They should also carry two recent colour photographs and sign across it in front of the invigilator.
- The candidates are advised not to carry any electronic gadgets and banned items to the examination. On carrying the banned items, candidate’s registration will be cancelled.
- The students are warned not to download the SSC CGL Admit Card multiple times as this can lead to blocking of the candidate’s access.
- The candidates are required to preserve the hall ticket till the admission is confirmed into the examination hall.
The SSC CGL Admit Card for all the Tiers can be downloaded from the official web portal. The students are advised to give a thorough read to the guidelines and work accordingly in the examination hall. All other details regarding the SSC CGL Admit Card will be updated here.